Pastoral Messages from Fr. Rick – April 30, 2020
- A relaxation of ‘Stay-at-Home’ restrictions are being considered more closely by the Governor and Bishop Solis. Details will be relayed to you as soon as we have something more specific. Stay tuned.
- Please join us on Wednesday May 13th, for an interesting 8-session Bible Study called Unlocking the Mysteries of the Bible. This study will cover the major events of Salvation History using DVD’s, color-coded timeline charts and user-friendly student guides. Six to 10 people may be able to meet in the parish hall by then and watch the presentations together on our new big screen TV. We also have the option of streaming the sessions on a home computer or smart phone. This will be a wonderful way to study and pray together (even while we are apart) and to fuel that “burning in our hearts.” Cost of a student kit is $25. If the current situation has you a little short of this cost, the parish can provide some scholarships. Starting time will be at 6:00 PM, but other options could be made available. Please make an effort to join us and help us meet some of the objectives of the Diocesan Pastoral Plan. If interested, you can leave me a message at the office: 435-644-3414.
- Related to #2 above, please watch this short u-tube from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops on reaching out to unaffiliated Catholics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyEsvbrM8k.
- St. Christopher’s will make another $500 donation to the Kane County Care and Share food bank. Thank you for responding so generously to our charity appeals. We hope to continue our regular contributions to Care and Share and your ongoing donations are greatly appreciated.
- If you get this message soon enough, please consider joining Bishop Solis and all the Bishops of the United States and Canada in a re-consecration of our Diocese to the Blessed Mother on Friday, May 1st at 1:00PM. You can do this at home by connecting to dioslc.org and scrolling down the front page.
- The Diocese of Salt Lake City has many resources on its website to stay connected with the wider Church through live-streamed Masses, devotions and study programs. Go to dioslc.org for more information.
- As always please continue to keep in touch with each other and if you would like to speak to me at any time, leave a message at the office and I will get back with you soon.